Monday, April 4, 2011

The Magical Espresso Coffee Machine

Ever since I was a teenager, the eternal search began for the perfect cappuccino - well at home at least. Without the use of that magical espresso coffee machine we had seen in cafes and bars up and down the city, we were left to our own devices as to how to procure that white, fluffy cloud that would appear on top of our delicious espresso coffee.

The wonder in our eyes, and the anticipation we would experience, would set our imaginations alive, the thoughts racing to emulate what this magical espresso coffee machine could do. The smell of espresso filling the café with the wonderful aroma of warmth and comfort, the click and clump of the espresso being attached to the body of the machine, and that enticing sound of the milk being transformed.

These outings to the city café with my uncles would inevitably lead my sister and I to spend our precious weekends trying to capture for ourselves those fluffy Clouds of joy. The first experiment we tried to cook until the milk froth, unfortunately, only managed to burn the milk! This was all my sister's idea, and what a waste of espresso.

Next week will be further idea, my sister announced that she had worked with great enthusiasm. We make our coffee with espresso machine hob mother, she gently poured the coffee into a cup, add a few drops of milk, then, as ifdemon haunted coffee and mix mixed mixed desperately. When he finished, he poured in some hot water and announced: ". This Is It" Unfortunately not - good try, but no beans.

I had thought all week, and then suddenly my subconscious mind takes me to the straw. Yes, the straw. Simple, striking with the straw in the milk was so strategically in the end, completely submerged, watch a foam, and there! Cappuccino. Although, unfortunately, the mess of sludgeI had produced was not the coffee I had quite imagined. My sister was completely disgusted and I must say myself, I didn't enjoy it. It's not as magical as the espresso machine and it tasted terrible. I had tried and failed miserably.

These days my sister and I, along with her friends, enjoy a coffee in my garden, with the help of my very own espresso coffee machine. I do still wonder if her friends, Richard and Robert, have the same fascination for espresso? Come to think of it, Richard was asking me for a straw last week.

Tags : Nespresso D120-US-BK-NE CitiZ

No comments:

Post a Comment