Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Phillips Senseo Coffee Machine

Recently, my friend bought the Phillips Senseo coffee machine and I'd just like to share with everyone my own personal review after testing this product for myself!

My usual experience with coffee machines is that the good ones are filled with complicated buttons and the bad ones brews coffee that tastes like something no one ever wants to drink in a few lifetimes. So when I had to give a review about this coffee machine, I had to admit I was extremely hesitant.

Much to my surprise, I found that it was very simple to use. I mean come on, the whole machine has what... lets see. 3 buttons. You can't possibly go wrong with pressing any of them. Not like the usual professional coffee machines with a 101 buttons that starts the coffee machine go "buzzing...(silence)" and yet no coffee comes out.

What I simply LOVE about this machine is that it allows you to add a Latte Foam Topping to your coffee. I mean how fantastic is that? You can now make coffee that looks like Starbucks right at home!

And you can laugh at those people who brag about their coffee brewing skills because you too can brew professional looking coffee from the comfort of your own home! Its best if you have business clients etc because you can now make them coffee...WITH LATTE FOAM TOPPING!

Sorry about the over excitement about foam toppings but seriously, they are the coolest things in the world that gives you a milky mustache and coffee with these foamy stuffs usually make you feel like in heaven... OK, brewing skills aside, the coffee machine is compact and takes up just a small corner on your table. Besides it being small, what other benefits does it have you say?

So when you brew a cup of coffee, apart from quality of the coffee, one thing most people fear is the CLEAN UP. I mean, imagine you just brewed a relaxing cup of coffee that tastes so excellent your taste buds are in the high heavens and your dreaming of sandy beaches and sunny skies.

Then it strikes you, "Oh gosh, I have to clean up the mess before my wife comes back" (which happens with most coffee makers, what with the spurting of the coffee when the machines gets all excited when brewing a cup of coffee). The Phillips Senseo coffee machine is the quickest and easiest machine that I've ever cleaned in my life. It take 2 steps to clean. 2 easy steps and PRESTO!! You can go back to dreaming about those sandy beaches.

Rinse the pod holder Give the drip tray a wash Come on la, even a self proclaimed machine idiot can clean this machine without wrecking it.

The coffee machine has just 2 regular nozzle thingy that when going into details sounds seriously complicated but who cares? I don't care if its made of titanium or whatever. What I know is that this nozzle's accuracy of spitting coffee into a cup is 100% accurate. When I use other machines, their nozzles don't shoot the coffee directly into the cup but all over the place. Sometimes its sideways, sometimes is straight, sometimes its crooked. And how in the freaking world would I know where to position my cup huh?

But for this Senseo coffee machine, just put the cup below the nozzle and HEY PRESTO! ALL MY COFFEE ACTUALLY LANDS IN THE CUP AND NOT OVER MY COUNTER! (how freaking happy I was you can never imagine). And now I can actually stare at the coffee trickling into the cup without worrying that some random spurt will land in my eye. Gosh, it makes me want to shout hallelujah again!

In terms of capacity of the coffee machine, like how many cups it can make etc. It takes around 30 seconds (I wasn't bothered to take a timer there to take a record but this is a guesstimation) to brew one cup of fresh piping hot coffee. Every time you fill the machine, you can make 5 cups of coffee and to fill the machine, you just to need to simply detach the water reservoir thingy, fill with water and snap it back!

Nothing complicated like pressing this button then opening this latch and then pour this amount or whatever crappy stuff! So now that I've bragged about its size, its usability and whatever, it boils down to the question of price. I mean whats the point if it costs millions of bucks only a billionaire could afford right?

Comparing its prices to professional coffee makers and regular coffee machines, for the kind of quality of coffee it produces, it is definitely a great bang for your buck. Its cheaper than other brands that produce similar coffee quality and affordable for every household. Its not dirt cheap but definitely worth it. Every single penny people!

What I mean is you don't have to be a filthy rich lady/man to own this. Anyone can! And that's whats so great about this machine!

Thanks To : Krups XP5240

No comments:

Post a Comment